It’s not one of the frequently discussed interior design topics BUT lighting plays such an important part in the overall design process. Creating the right ambience in is so critical to the success of an overall design, yet it’s not often front of mind when planning a room.
Beacon Lighting asked me to look through their LED lighting range recently and I jumped at the chance, particularly for children’s rooms where lighting is required to be safe and multi-functional. Being married to an electrician has opened my eyes to so many creative ways to use lighting in a room, from in built night lights to LED strip lighting for that subtle amount of light for night time feeds and changes. The right lighting can add so much to a room both practically and stylishly.
When we updated Holly’s room recently, we installed new LED down lights. We removed the old spotlight style lights that were really intrusive and chose dimmable LED down lights like these, in a warm white:
So from my recent experiences with LED lighting, I’d love to share my Top 10 LED lighting ideas!
- Install dimmable downlights into your children’s bedrooms – they last much longer than regular globes and because they don’t heat up, are safe for little hands. I also love that they aren’t intrusive to the overall room aesthetic.
- Small LED wall lights look amazing just above your skirting for a path way to the bathroom. During the night, little ones can easily find their way. Because LED is more energy efficient, it won’t affect your power bill!
- LED strip lighting is great under cabinetry in a nursery. It creates a smaller amount of light for night time feeds and changes. Check them out here
- Install a stylish LED pendant over a study area, as pictured below for an instant feature.
- Ceiling fans with LED lights are great for small bedrooms
- Choose LED night lights, they last longer and are safe for little hands.
- LED pendants and LED bedside lamps are a great choice for children as they don’t get hot and can be left on all night.
- LED strip lights under your stairs look incredible at night, while adding extra visibility
- Install LED strip lights behind a head board for night time reading or as a night light.
- LED lights are fantastic for use inside cupboards. Be sure to use with a sensor so they turn on when the doors are opened and closed!
There’s so many ways to get creative with lighting all around your home. When planning a room, it’s worthwhile considering the clever LED options available. Beacon Lighting have one of the most comprehensive and stylish ranges available and are definitely a must visit for your next decorating project.